10 remarkable stats emerge from Liverpool’s 7-0 win over Crystal Palace
For anyone that was watching on Saturday, Liverpool put on a clinic in front of goal against Crystal Palace as they made light work of the Eagles at Selhurst Park.
Considering the hosts had a rather good run of form heading into the fixture with the Reds, many would have felt prior to kickoff that the game would have been a lot closer than it actually was.
Indeed, those that may have looked to make the most of a sign up offer or the bonuses and promotions that bookmakers provide may have been looking at this fixture as one to place a bet on because it involved the current Premier League champions.
However, it would have been impossible to have been able to predict that Jurgen Klopp’s side would run out 7-0 winners in the capital.
Roberto Firmino has started to find form in front of goal once again, as he netted a brace, whilst Mohamed Salah showed his class as he managed to hit a late brace after coming off of the substitutes bench in the second half for the last 30 minutes.
Takumi Minamino, Sadio Mane and a rare goal from Jordan Henderson completed the rout, although the fact that the visitors managed to win 7-0 might not be the only fascinating thing to have come out of the game.
When taking a look at the takeaways from the meeting at Selhurst Park, there are 10 remarkable stats to have emerged.
They are the following:
- Liverpool managed to score their seven goals from just eight shots that were on target.
- The Reds registered their first away win in the top division by a margin of seven goals for the first time ever.
- Additionally, it is their first seven-goal win since their 9-0 win over Crystal Palace in September 1989.
- Liverpool are the first team to score and concede seven goals in away fixtures in the same Premier League season.
- Their win over the Eagles saw seven different players register an assist, becoming the first to do that in a match to take place in the Premier League.
- After coming on from the substitutes bench, Salah became the first to be directly involved in three goals in a Premier League for Liverpool.
- For the first time in the Premier League, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino all scored and assisted in the same game for Liverpool.
- Since his appointment, Jurgen Klopp has seen his side score 600 goals in 288 games in all competitions since October 2015; the fastest Liverpool have managed to reach that tally under all their managers.
- Klopp has won more Premier League matches than any other manager for the club as he surpassed the 126 Rafa Benitez achieved.
- Against Roy Hodgson’s Palace, Liverpool scored 29% of the Premier League goals they scored during Hodgson’s time at Anfield.
Indeed, these 10 stats to have happened would have been an analysts’ dream!